Friday 24 October 2014

Meet The Cast Of Centrestage Cymru's White Christmas

A film musical classic celebrates its 60th anniversary this year. White Christmas premiered to the world on October 14, 1954 and has been part of the Christmas season ever since. The title song, originally sung by Bing Crosby and written by Irving Berlin was first featured in the 1942 film musical Holiday Inn.

60 years on from the original film premiere of White Christmas, Centrestage Cymru bring the classic musical which was made famous by the wonderful cast of Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen to the stage of Newport's Dolman Theatre this week.

The musical’s dazzling score features well known standards including Blue Skies, I Love a Piano, How Deep Is the Ocean and the all time favourite, White Christmas. Full of laughter, joy, nostalgia, song and dance this Newport stage premier has to be the best opening to the Christmas season possible for all the family. 

We put questions to several cast members about their ideal White Christmas!

Who are you playing in White Christmas?
Becci Jarvis:  I am playing Judy Haynes
Jordan Archer:  Phil Davies
Sharon Higgins: Betty Haynes
Matthew Bryant: I’m Bob Wallace (Bing Crosby)
Hannah Roper: I’m playing Rhoda
Elissa Taylor: Rita

What are you looking forward to most about the role?
Jordan: Working alongside the incredible 'ledge' Matt Bryant
Sharon: I love performing alongside the other principles and cast members.
Hannah: That she is so ditzy, bubbly and giggly, I’m having a lot of fun playing her.
Elisa: Dressing up in a box

Whats your favourite song in White Christmas and why?
Becci: I love a Piano! It's a big tap number which is my favourite style of dance
Matt: Count your Blessings – It’s just a lovely song
Hannah: Either Blue Skies or Finale cause I love the dances
Elisa: Snow because we are singing about snow, but really there is no snow.

Whats your Christmas wish for this year?
Becci: To pass University
Jordan: World Peace
Sharon: Health and happiness for my family and friends.
Matt: Happiness for my family and friends.
Hannah: A White Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment